Sunday, September 25, 2011

Veggie Tales


This year one of the classes I am taking is entitled "English 281: American Drama and the Musical". In this class, our Professor (Professor Rosenwald) lectures the class on things pertaining to said title of the course. So far this class has been quite interesting - especially this past Monday.

While observing the class and consequently not listening to the lecture, I noticed something interesting about a certain girl's bottle of water. There was a cucumber in it. Now, some may not think that this is strange -- but I certainly do.

I just, for the life of me, could not understand why someone would take a single cucumber from one of the dining halls and put in their water bottle so that everyone could see it. I turned to my friend Gina, made her aware of the situation and then our conversation (on paper) went a little like this.

Gina: Maybe she thinks that's classy
Grace: Do you like the taste of vegetables in your water, gurl?
Grace: You could call that "Cuwater"
.......
Gina: "HCuO"

For some reason that chemistry/vegetable pun made me laugh incredibly hard and I was forced to suppress my fit because we were sitting in class. For the rest of the day I kept thinking back to that and periodically laughing

"HCuO"

2 comments:

  1. "periodically laughing" nice one

    Also, people do that here and with things like carrots, weird. I know I get grapejuice and sprite mixed because I like the color. Maybe they're jealous, water is so plain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I love that I made the blog!

    ReplyDelete