Friday, January 6, 2012

we found love in a roman place


Today our adventures were all about Ancient Rome.
We saw the Palentine Hill, the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Roman Capitol, and many other wonderful sites! Lizzy, Elena, and I bought lunch at a panini stand and ate sitting in front of the Colosseum. How many times do you get to do that?

We have walked so much - my calves will be so buff by the end of these two weeks. I am actually excited for class to start so that we have some structure in our schedules. But site seeing is also a blast.

For dinner we stopped by a small ristorante and while we were eating they played quality musica americana ("Wrapped Around Your Finger - The Police and "School's Out For Summer") I laughed because we had been talking about that earlier.

A few things I have learned about Romans
1. Everyone wears one of those puffy winter coat with the little puffy squares
2. Sometimes speaking English gets you good things and sometimes it gets you bad things
3. One man was wearing a Yankees hat today

I bought a postcard from the Colosseum today! Time for bed
Ti voglio bene,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment