Thursday, June 7, 2012

summer's beginning

School has been out for almost three weeks and GOSH what a cool three weeks this has been

Right after school ended, I moved into Kendrick's room and we were able to be roommates for about two weeks. During this time, we ran errands and hung out - also, our friend Camille left and that was sad.

Last week I was able to attend the National Conference of College Women Student Leaders in Washington DC. It was a terrific experience because I was able to meet so many different kinds of students and people, in general. Lately, I have been realizing how many people actually live on this earth. I am struck by the vastness of the world every time I fly (in an airplane, of course). Humility is the only thing that I feel as the plane lifts off of the ground and into the air - leaving the sense of stability behind. There is no room for pride as you watch the things below you become smaller and smaller.

I have also started work as a Wellesley Student Orientation Coordinator. This is such a unique and exciting job. I work with fun and happy people - which is my favorite thing in the world. I hope to post more adventures as the summer continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment