Thursday, March 29, 2012

a lil' update

I have applied to two positions for this summer.

1. Student Orientation Coordinator for Wellesley College
I am (semi-secretly) really hoping for this position

2. Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
Because I am looking into going into African American Studies after undergraduate school, this would be an awesome opportunity to network and gain experience in the field.

As for now, I wait. I have had an interview with Dean Tenser from Wellesley. Other than that, I am just continuing to do my thing. I didn't have class today and I don't have class tomorrow (crazy, huh?). This weekend is General Conference - we get to hear from the Prophet! This weekend happens twice a year and always fills me with a special kind of peace.

Tonight I am grateful for:
Old great friends & new great friends
Literacy
Macaroni & Cheese
Singing
the Ensign
Wearing cozy socks
Sleep
Texting my mom
Watching movies
Salami sandwiches
Institute on Wednesday nights
Easter
An awesome roommate
Deodorant (everyone should be grateful for this)
A car
Gasoline that runs said car
Cool shoes
Prayer
Everything that makes me laugh, including Napoleon Dynamite
Flowers
Colors

I hope to post on this more regularly, especially now that it doesn't hurt my eyes to read it.
My design always have the sweetest of intentions - and then I realize it something that should have been thrown out long ago.

Live & learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment